You’re hosting a party on Halloween. The decorations are up, the costumes are ready, you’ve got some games planned for the day and, hell, even the food looks spook-a-licious! Aren’t we missing something here? Of course! The music. The guests aren’t going to entertain themselves. So here are 10 songs that you should absolutely have in your Halloween playlist.
- Thriller – Michael Jackson
- Ghostbusters – Ray Parker Jr.
- Bring Me To Life – Evanescence
- Fire of Unknown Origin – Blue Oyster Cult
- She Wolf – Shakira
- Disturbia – Rihanna
- Night Of The Living Dead – The Misfits
- Zombie – The Cranberries
- Dead – Pixies
- Halloween – The Misfits
- Monster Mash – Bobby ‘Boris’ Pickett
- Godzilla – Blue Oyster Cult
- Voodoo Child – Jimi Hendrix
- Howlin’ For You – The Black Keys
- True Blood- Justin Timberlake
- Jack The Ripper – Screaming Lord Sutch
- Black Widow – Iggy Azalea and Rita Ora
- Dinner With Drac – Zacherele
- Transylvania Terror Train – Captain Clegg and the Night Creatures
- Sympathy For The Devil
While these 20 tracks should definitely not be missed, you could play some creepy introductory music to get the party started and allow your guests to talk. There are many eerie piano versions of Beethoven’s Fur Elise, which might be ideal for setting the mood. Some artists like The Misfits and Blue Oyster Cult seem to have been repeated in our list, but that’s because they focussed ao heavily on the occult and dominated the ‘creepy’ genre.
So that’s that! We hope you like our mix of old and new, and that our numbers can get Wolfman to go ” Awoooooogaaaa!”. Happy Halloween!
– The Global Panorama