In a seemingly small city, you will be surprised at just how many amazing pubs and bars are scattered throughout. Some of the best places to grab a drink are:
1. Revolution – This pub, which has a club-like vibe, is the best place to get to with friends and drink up a few shots. Revolution offers shots in more than 25 flavours, each one equally refreshing and delicious. Moreover, the discounted prices on shots bought in groups of six, 10, 12, or 18 is an added bonus.
2. Bar Loco – This is one of those quaint places, tucked away right behind St. James Park. The highlight in this bar, apart from the amazingly welcoming bartenders, is the fact that they host various events. If you’re looking to grab a drink while enjoying Bingo or sitting in an Arabian Nights event, then this is the place to be.
3. The Botanist – This is hands down one of the most popular places to drink at. Go to the Botanist to enjoy an earthy ambiance. The lighting and the décor are reason enough to put this place on the must-visit list in Newcastle. Add to that the option of enjoying your drinks on the newly opened terrace setting, and you have a great night out.
4. Jam Jar – Don’t let the name confuse you. The only thing jam-like about this place is the jars! They serve ciders and beers in mason jars. The place gives off the perfect vibe; a combination of classy and downright fun!
5. The Hancock – One of the best places to get your drink on if you’re a student or are on a budget. This is what pubs are supposed to be like. it has an outdoor sitting area, plus pool tables inside. This place is always bustling with life. It is a great place to grab a drink with a group of friends.
6. Florita’s – If a tropical theme is what you’re looking for, this is the place to be. They serve cocktails which will transport you to the beaches of Miami. With the added bonus of an ambiance full of art and colour, you have a night to remember!
7. The Tyne – This is located in one of the most popular areas in Newcastle, right at the side of the river. It is full of life. If you are looking to mingle with locals while getting your drink on, then this is where you want to take your buddies.
8. The Strawberry – Not only does this place have a football friendly feel, but it also has some of the best food in town. The terrace seating is refreshing, and the staff is very warm and welcoming. Enjoy this place on a sunny day, with beers and burgers.
Start that pub crawl, guys!
— Meghna Asangi, Correspondent (Food)